ConnectGet Plugged In at Historic First Church
My Street & BeyondA place for kids to go into the community, explore, learn, and have fun in a safe environment.
Youth Sunday School
Ages 5-19 (Grouped by Age)
Sundays 10:15 am - 12 pm
If you spend any time around our church at all, you'll quickly learn one thing: we love students. They're smart. They're funny. They're bold. And they're bursting with potential.
We truly believe that the middle and high school students in our midst are world changers in the making. We know that the middle and high schools years are a time where students are most in need of kindness and community and someone to walk alongside them as they grow. Our student ministry provides just that, connecting students with one another as well as with leaders who want to support them in their journeys. Both middle and high school groups meet weekly, each focusing on worship, teaching, and small groups to encourage students in their faith.
Crown Heights Millennial Minds is a group of young adults who use their collaborative gifts to give back to communities We need volunteers like you! If you would like to use your gift to help others and are between the age of 20 and 38, please email Patrick Dimoh at email@example.com.
- To develop direct pathways to success for daily living and achievement of goals for those in the Crown Heights area and other inner-city communities of need.
- Develop self-sustainment, and self-reliance opportunities.
- To build a program that uplifts and contributes to the success of the inner city.
- To increase presence of the underserved population and success within various sectors of work and life.
- Connect the community with the Historic First Church and other resources of support.
HFC Women Ministry is broken down into life groups that address specific needs of women. The women come together for Women’s Day once a year.
- Overcomers – Women share best practices in overcoming hurt.
- Family Counseling – Women and Men are offered professional licensed confidential counseling, (divorce, domestic abuse, substance recovery)
- Women in Business – Women share best practices and common challenges in the corporate world and business ownership.
- Women Educators’ Alliance – Teachers and counselors share support and new methods in education.
- Single Moms – Supporting one another.
Unity in Crown Heights
Working together towards social justice. HFC unites with people of other faiths (and no religious affiliation) in fighting social inequality and gun violence.
Our creative arts ministry includes drama, music, dance, pantomime, poetry and spoken word. Children, teens, and adults share their creative gifts in all forms of artful expression.